EdiSoft is a computer program that enables you to obtain export documentation electronically. It is fully accredited for:
- ICS - Customs Integrated Cargo System (CRNs and EDNs)
- Port Terminals - PRAs to Patricks, P&O and CSX
- EXDOC - Export Permits (RFPs and Health Certificates)
EdiSoft has been developed by Woodwind Systems and Wimmera Software Development are now assisting with the software support.
EdiSoft is a true windows product. It’s ease of operation is the result of many years involvement in the export documentation process and dealings with government.
EdiSoft also has the capability to generate associated documents from the EDNs or RFPs. These documents include:
- Commercial Invoices and Credit Notes
- Certificates of Origin
- Forwarding Instructions (both electronic and paper)
- Packing Lists
- Weight Lists
- Bank Drafts
- All EXDOC generated forms (Health Certificates, Phytosanitary Certificates etc)
- If your requirements are more extensive then there is the Data Transfer feature that allows you to exchange data with other systems. You can interface with your own "in house" system or use one of the systems provided by our Associated Providers. We are excited about the way we have been able to attract other software developers to interface their packages with EdiSoft in a spirit of co-operation. This means that our pooled expertise can provide you with an optimum solution
Special advantages of the system are;
- Edisoft is a true native Windows application and does not require any runtime files or other environments and is compatible with 32 and 64 bit Windows environments.
- Edisoft is a site license and can be used either by a single user, or on a network with multiple users (at no extra cost)
- Comprehensive support is provided by people well versed in the export industry who use the application themselves on a daily basis.
- A small fixed monthly maintenance fee covers general support, software updates and license for our software.
EdiSoft pricing for the Premium Edition consists of a one-off Installation Fee of $750 + GST and an ongoing Monthly Fee of $65 + GST.
Should you only require EDNs in the the Customs Integrated Cargo System (ICS) or PRAs for Shipping Terminals, then the Standard Edition is for you.
The one-off Installation Fee in this case is $300 + GST with an ongoing Monthly Fee of $25 + GST.
For both editions the Monthly Fee covers a professional help desk, upgrades and the software licence. There are no additional charges for multi-user environments.
Supported hardware requirements are;
- Windows 10,11 (both 32bit and 64bit versions are supported)
- 4GB Ram (minimum)
- 20GB Free Disk Space (minimum)
- 100MB Local Area Network Connection (minimum)
- Connection to the internet
- Designated email address solely for use with edisoft.
EdiSoft has been developed using Delphi - the highly successful Windows development tool from Borland. EdiSoft has been developed from a fresh beginning, it is not a conversion of some old DOS program that has been around for years.
Before we even started to write the program we designed the database, using Entity Relationship modelling techniques to make sure it reflects the "real world". Next we identified the procedures that our end users follow in their normal daily routines. Then we were ready to start programming, confident that the final product would be easy to use and simple to understand.
The power behind the database is the DBISam database engine - which manages the tables in which the data is stored. DBISam designed by Elevate Software, and ODBC drivers are available should users decide to use "Report Writing" software to produce their own reports on the data.
One of the great benefits of this engine, is that it is completely integrated within the software package. There is no need to install a 3rd party engine driver, server software, windows services or additional dll's. It is completely streamlined.
The first contact a user has with the software is during the install. It is most important that this process is as smooth as possible. For this task we have chosen the Wise Install System which has enabled us to get our many users up and running without the need for us to visit their site. It is that simple.